Background

2.14.2011

one day for love?

So it's Valentine's Day. 
A day of love. 
Honestly, I'm not the biggest fan of this commercial holiday. Every time I see a life-sized teddy bear I always think of high school when girls would carry balloons, bears, candy, flowers, etc. etc. that their boyfriend gave them that morning before school. That they could've left in the car. But they carried it around all. day. I don't understand why they chose to do this, but I always enjoyed watching them balance a bear, bouquet of flower and bundle of balloons along with books, notebooks and other things. 
I do realize I'm being extremely pessimistic.
But why do we designate one day of the year to celebrate, love. I'd much rather know I'm loved everyday than receive a bunch of expected hallmark-induced gifts one day of the year. I'll admit I've never been one to have a "valentine" and I'm okay with that. But when Mr. Right does comes along, I'll make sure we have a no-bear/balloon/box-a-chocolates deal. 
Love is an all-the-time thing, not a once-in-a-while thing.
So enjoy your chocolate covered cherries, and put the roses in a vase, but don't let it end today.
 Love should be everywhere, everyday, every time. 
And if you're like me, just let this comfort your day when everyone else is celebrating.

For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor any other created thing will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
 Romans 8:38-39
Thank God for an unconditional, never ending love!


So, here's who I love the most. :) 

What I don't love is a stomach virus. Have a great v-day while I rest, eat soup and do homework.

much love.


No comments:

Post a Comment