Background

2.03.2011

a little introduction.

hi. :) So if you didn't know already, my name is Carrie and this whole blogging thing is new to me. So here is a rundown of exactly who I am and a few interesting/strange/neat/quirky/whatever you think... facts about myself.

1. My full name is Cara Noelle Smith, but I've always gone by Carrie. I don't understand why my nickname is longer than my actual name, but it is and has been since I was born. I blame my parents, but they blame my brothers, so I'm just stuck with a special name situation. But you can call me Carrie/Cara/hey girl, whatever you feel like. :)

2. I'm from Dothan, Alabama. I lived there for 18 of my 20 years of life so far, the other two have been in Birmingham at school. It's a town in the south, south, south east corner of Alabama. It's also the Peanut Capital of the World and an hour and a half from Panama City Beach, so that's cool.

3. Now I live in Birmingham and attend UAB. I love, love, love living in Birmingham and I'm in love with my school. I never pictured myself living in a college town and I've always wanted to live in a big city, so Birmingham is the perfect fit. I also love that my school mascot is a dragon, well it's actually a blazer, but who else can say they cheered for a dragon in college? Maybe this just makes me really weird, but I'm okay with that.

4. I'm a UAB majorette. Honestly, twirling is the real reason I came to UAB. I'm so blessed to have found a place where I can be comfortable, surrounded by great people and amazing twirlers while doing what I love. If I could do one thing all day, everyday for the rest of my life, it would be twirling baton. During certain times of the year, like right now, it's what I wake up, daydream, and fall asleep thinking about, and I almost always have my batons with me. They're defintely not the most convienent objects to carry around, so it takes some dedication, but I'm used to them. I'm sure I will talk more and a lot about this later, because it is such an important part of my life. So to summarize this up, I LOVE twirling baton. It's what I do, and I LOVE it.

5. I'm majoring in Journalism. I'm also minoring in Graphic Design, which used to be my major. This whole big change has taken place within the last 4 months, in the middle of my junior year, so I'm halfway done with college in 400 level art classes and 100 level journalism classes. I could easily have a breakdown about this at any given time, but I'm so much happier in what I'm doing now.

6. My friends I've made at UAB are probably one of the best things that have ever happened to me. I'm so blessed to have been surrounded by great Christian girls and guys since I've been at UAB.  I'll also talk more about these amazing people later, but I must say, my friends are great, wonderful, awesome and really cool. be jealous.

7. I'm a CHRISTIAN. I debated putting this as the first point, because it really is the most important thing to me, but instead I'll wrap up with it, because it is the base of my life (poetic, huh?). All the listed above are all possible because of the grace God has given me and the faith I have in him. Amazing family? check. Growing up in Dothan? check. Twirling baton? check. Coming to Birmingham? check. The whole changing major fiasco? check. Amazing friends? check. In all my life, everything comes back to the goodness, faithfulness, and awesomeness that God embodies. I would be nothing without him, and   with him I have everything.

So, that's me. That's who I am, minus a whole lot that will eventually come later. But anyway, this whole adventure should be fun and interesting. I don't know exactly what this will become, just like everything else that happens in my life. So enjoy, sit back, relax and welcome to my life. :)

Ps. I totally started this randomly on a Wednesday night, only to be assigned a blog in class on Thursday morning! cool, huh? :)

1 comment:

  1. Carrie! You insprire me! I can't wait to read more from your blog in the future! Particularly about points number 6 and 7 :D
    Love you!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete