Background

2.23.2011

Midweek Music Obsession.

so right now I'm addicted to Adele's new album, 21.


I fell in love with her first album when I was a senior in high school, and I have a feeling this will be a repeat. 

Her voice is timeless, yet vulnerable and reminiscent of greats like Etta James and Ella Fitzgerald. Adele's traditional robust vocals and piano ballads are also met by a new blues and rockabilly inspiration. The content and feel of 21 is more mature than her previous album 19. Being the same age as the artist is also neat to see how I can relate just as easily to her new album as the last. 

I would recommend Rolling in the Deep and Someone Like You for a little hint of how amazing this album is. Or you can take my word for it and just go buy the whole album on iTunes, you won't regret it. 

Just got added to my "Driving Home" playlist for tomorrow night! eeek! :)

Have a wonderful wednesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment