Background

4.21.2011

coming to an end.


Today was officially my last day of my junior year in college.
As happy as I am to be done with classes, except for finals, and be so close to summertime, I'm also a little apprehensive about the future, if you can't tell from my rambling of nervousness and worrying about being so near graduating in such a bad job market. However, this year has been one of the most challenging years I've ever had as far as actually learning how to live on my own, take care of myself and care about my happiness as much as others.
 I learned a lot about other people as much as I learned about myself. I've learned that there are people who think about themselves more than other people and consider a friendship as something in which other people can do things for them. And there are other people who are extremely loyal to being true friends, there are people who are there for you no matter what. They are there to help you out and cheer you up when you're having a bad day, and have fun with you when you're having a good day. I've learned to live with these people, look for the best in each of them and how to deal with their tough moments just like they have mine. These people have changed my life and helped me enjoy the best years of my life even more than I have before.
I've also learned more about my relationship with Christ this year. I came to a time in my life where I actually doubted God's plan for my life. I experienced high highs and low lows in my walk with God. I've learned that the only way I will be able to make it through the rest of my life is to rely and trust in what God has planned for me. I have learned that the Gospel of Christ is something that is my responsibility to spread and that sometimes the only way to communicate what God wants me to say to others is just to pray and let him speak through me. I'm learning that I have to stand up for my religion, something that is challenged everyday on UAB's campus. I've learned that my "religion" has become more of a relationship.
So as the end of my second to last year of college comes to an end, i can only say I'm extremely thankful for all the great experiences I've had, both bad and good. As unsure as I am about the future, I do know that I am much closer to knowing what I'm going to do once I graduate. This year has been one of the most fun, stressful and eventful years of my life and I can't wait to see what else God has in store in my future.
So to all the people who have made this year everything it has been, my parents, friends, coaches and teachers... thank you for everything. You are amazing and I love you all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment