Background

3.31.2011

inspiration time.

Being an art minor (or ex-art major) I've had my fair share of art history classes. 
Asian art, european art, modern art... you name it I could probably tell you about it.
But sometimes it's hard to get interested in well... art. I love it. but let's get serious.

But when I was assigned a project to write a paper on a contemporary artist of my choice I actually got excited! 
#1: I get to write a paper! I don't admit it much to avoid strange stares and comments... but I honestly love writing papers. ha. i know. don't judge me. 
#2. I get to pick an artist of my choice!! Not one assigned by the teacher or an exhibit from bma. My own choice! Of course being the procrastinator I am I've spent the past three weeks researching artists trying to decide which one to choose... my proposal is due tuesday! and I still haven't decided!! 

I don't know if this is my man or not... but I'm kinda loving his work. 

These aren't titled soo... these are just some paintings by Joshua Petker. Actually some of his cleaner work :/ but I'm loving the colors, composition, attitude, etc. etc. it's just all pretty cool stuff. 




And who doesn't love audrey???

Well have a lovely weekend! Much love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment