Background

3.15.2011

dilemmas.

i have a bit of a dilemma....

So after talking with people at work I have officially decided to take part in lent this year.
Since I was raised Baptist, I had friends that did lent every year but I was never really aware of what it really was all about, but after finding out more about it and going through a few options of what to give up, I eventually settled on one that will most definitely be a challenge and I think my mother will actually be pleased with. 

From now until Easter, which is officially TWO WHOLE MONTHS, almost, I will not buy any clothes.  at all. 
besides an Easter dress. 
but that's a different story.

so there it is. 
This should help with my finances and definitely be a sort of sacrifice for me, since a weekly trip to the sales rack at old navy between my art history class and kickboxing on Thursday has become a sort of tradition.

But as always, I know I will have weak moments and today was one of them... ahhh.
Thank goodness for online retailers.
No, I didn't buy anything... but I did totally go "window shopping" at few different places.

ooohhh how I hope my little plastic debit card is preparing for the week after Easter. Hopefully I will have saved up enough to soften the blow... or this break during lent will calm my urge. But we can only hope.

So for the window shopping... here's a few things my eyes caught and thank goodness my conscious caught me too. This type of post may be coming more often. just a warning. :)




one of these little babies. from etsy.


this lovely little sundress.



a skirt that is already my favorite piece in my future wardrobe...


and voila! my mom hates! these kinds of bags... with a passion... 
but I disagree. You can never have enough bags that keep your hands free, hold pretty much anything you want, and look super cute while doing it. :)

the three above are from Forever 21
yep, i'm a cheap-o.

So that's that. 

ps. I don't think me buying anything for myself for lent means I can't accept little gifts, right? ;)

have a lovely day!









No comments:

Post a Comment