Background

3.11.2011

gettin' down and...crafty?

Before I started writing a blog for my news writing class, I had always been a fan of reading blogs. Most of  my favorites are craft, fashion and design blogs and every now and then it's fun to find a blog of a new family with pictures of their growing children chronicling new habits or funny things they are learning to say or a person traveling the world with pictures and stories of beautiful places and their adventures. 
I feel like I sound creepy and stalker-ish right now. 
But honestly blogs are a great way to learn a new hobby, follow a friend on a journey or keep up with family in a different part of the country. 

When I started writing my own blog I realized what a big responsibility keeping up with it is. I always loved reading blogs, but the thought of starting my own was a little overwhelming. But now that I've started, I absolutely love it. So I'm hoping the same thing will follow suit when I try my first crafts! 

Painting and other artsy things have always been something I've enjoyed doing, but when it comes to actually creating and crafting... I'm not so good. It has lead to quite a collection of paint, paper, and other nic-naks from my art major days, but now I'm taking charge and I'm determined to
1. make some cute/neat projects
3. work on my crafty skills by learning/re-learning how to sew, knit, and create other things.
4. make something/get rid of my HUGE artsycrafty collection that is slowly and surely taking over my room.

So, without further ado! I will now start my journey of making... well whatever I can make up of the mess of my arts and craft collection. If they are not too embarrassing I will try to post my end product and maybe even some pictures and instructions along the way. Wish me luck!

tres amour et bon nuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment