Background

5.06.2011

the next chapter.

There's only one word that can sum this week up...

DONE!

You read that right! I'm officially done with school as of 6:45 on Wednesday night and today was my last day at work here in Birmingham. My junior year in college is officially... over.

As strange as it is to be almost done with college and know that in a year (or possibly six more months) i will be completely done with my undergraduate, off my parent's bill and completely on my own... I'm not as much of a worried-freaking out-nervous mess as I normally would be about something like this. At least for now that is.

See for the past few weeks, several people have said small remarks/comments that have been said around /to me not by the person, but by God, whether the person saying it knew it or not. You know those days when everything is falling apart and someone does the smallest favor or tells you that you look nice, and it makes your life? Well it's like that. Most of them have come up in conversation about school and my major, mostly from my mom and dad. But others have been out of the blue, random and from the most unlikely of people.

For example, a little old man I was volunteering with at a feeding center for tornado victims Monday morning began talking about being up at 5:30 in the morning and cooking lunch for tornado victims all for free. After joking about getting a raise, he told me...
"No matter what you do, you'll always work for the best boss,
Make the best salary in the world,
And have the best retirement plan anyone could wish for.
I'm not getting paid money right now, but I couldn't be any happier."

After choking back some tears of his comment and knowing the whole reason I was up that early in the morning, cooking not hundreds or thousand but hundreds of thousand of green beans, I felt more calm than I have in a very long time. Ever since I've truly accepted the whole idea of not worrying about my future and trusting that God has everything in control, life has fallen right into place, maybe not as I thought it would or hoped it would, but all as it needs to. All my exams went well, I was able to spend time with my friends before we all went home for the summer and the best of all... drum roll.....
 I got an internship!

I applied with Dothan Magazine back in March and had not heard anything until about a week ago... in the middle of finals. So I waited until my mind was clear to call yesterday and after a short phone interview I was offered the internship... to which I responded absofreakinlutely!! (not really.) But we can imagine. It may not be Southern Living or Glamour or Newsweek, but it's experience and it's at home. Which is a plus, plus. I'm getting to write and learn everything about the magazine, so to sum it up... I'm pumped. Look for your local Dothan Magazine this summer and hopefully I'll have my first published piece in it! (fingers crossed.)

So that's that. School's done. Work at Jack N Jill is done (for now). And my summer is set.
All that's left is packing the small mountain of clothes that have accumulated in my closet into suitcases and heading south.

Next time I write it will definitely be from home, in my bed or the couch and most likely talking to my parents about extremely important matters (a.k.a. my mom's routine reality show round-up/ Days of our Lives) over some sort of delicious food that I haven't had in like a year.
ahhhhh. Get ready Dothan. I. cannot. wait.

this would be me. jumping for joy. :)
Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; your body, what you will wear... Your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:25, 34

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me, put it into practice.  And the God of peace will be with you." 
Phillipians 4:6-9

No comments:

Post a Comment